About Advance Medical
Advance Medical is a world-leading health services provider of innovative, physician-driven programs offering advocacy and support to people in medical crisis. Founded in 1999, with offices in Barcelona, Boston, Lisbon, London, Shanghai, Sao Paulo, and Santiago de Chile, Advance Medical’s Expertise on Demand programs are available to more than 35 million people through partnerships with 330 companies, including Fortune 100 Employers, leading Insurers, and other Groups who have given Advance Medical’s life-changing benefit to their membership.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Westwood, MA office and be part of a growing, high-performance team dedicated to finding solutions and providing comfort when people need it most.
About the position
The Case Coordinator manages a complex process to ensure that patients receive accurate, timely and comprehensive services from Advance Medical. Working in conjunction with physicians, from the point a case is opened by a patient, this role is responsible for moving each case through the process of record collection, summarization, material tracking, and report building. Key to this position is high-level, high volume project management. It is a fast-paced, often urgent, work environment but the result is positively impacting patients and their families.
Who we are looking for
A candidate who has a year or more experience in a busy office environment, preferably in a medical or health insurance field, who is ready to take the next step in their career. A candidate who will not be overwhelmed by the volume of emails in their inbox or tasks assigned to them. A polished individual with a professional demeanor and a caring attitude who understands the work we are doing is demanding but also rewarding.
- Coordinate the collection of medical records and summaries
- Work as a partner with physicians on staff to expedite cases
- Document information accurately
- Build professional, error-free reports
- Think and follow-up independently to ensure a positive and timely outcome
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize work flow throughout the day
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Time management
- Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing and evolving environment
- Ability to work as a supportive team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; SalesForce a plus
The ideal candidate will:
- Be focused on the goal of helping the patient
- Be a quick-learner and unafraid to ask questions
- Take personal accountability and ownership of work product
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess experience in a medical environment with a medical vocabulary (preferred)
- See the big picture and manage to the details
Schedule and benefits:
- Position is full time 40 hrs/week, Monday–Friday
- Excellent benefits including PTO, company-paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, FSA and 401(k) with employer match.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.